Today (and yesterday), I spent some time trying to upgrade the Planet! software that runs Planet Perl and friends to the latest version.
I said "trying", because I'm declaring the upgrade a failure.
It appears to be because I'm testing by running two "update"s in a row, and it doesn't like rapid updates within the same minute or something, but it seems to randomly decide to only include certain people in the output. (And no, it's not always the same people.) That just isn't good enough. I could dive into the python code and fix it, but there are many other things on my todo list, and the old code works just fine, 99% of the time. It was also complaining bitterly about the RSS2.0 <items> block, so I had to tweak it for that.
Of course, instead of giving up, I got persistent, and it seems to be working ok now.
So... lets start over....
Tonight, I upgraded Planet Perl (and Parrot, and Six Perl) to the latest, greatest, Planet! Feed Aggregator.
While I was at it, I took the time to tweak the look of Planet Perl. (Thanks for the comments on the previous post.)I fixed up the CSS a bit, although it still needs more work. We're almost at the point where we can have alternate stylesheets. I did make one controversial change, which is to have it be full-width. The fixed-width we were using was a little too narrow, and picking another arbitrary width seemed silly.
Anyway, now I can leave this alone for a while.